Snake handling courses in all Australian states.
There’s been a rash of novices setting up so-called snake handling courses, snake removal courses and the like recently and so I thought it’d be good to post a summary as to why the Snakebusters courses are consistently recognised as the best in Australia.
More Australians are taught by Snakebusters than by any other snake handlers for the following very good reasons:
- Snakebusters are the only “hands on reptiles” snake handling courses where people have hands on reptiles and actually get to hold the animals. Other training course teachers only allow students to watch them handling the snakes and then often by seeing the wrong or dangerous methods used.
- Snakebusters are the only snake control courses in Australia that gives graduates an internationally recognised certificate of completion. That means, it’s recognised by herpetologists and major companies globally. They demand minimum standards of expertise of the teacher and only Snakebusters have this
- Snakebusters snake control courses completion certificates are the only ones issued within Australia that meet minimum recognition requirements in the Eurozone, USA and most parts of Africa.
- Snakebusters venomous snake catching courses are the only courses within Australia taught by a leading internationally recognised expert on venomous snakes, in our case, The Snakeman, Raymond Hoser.
- The Snakeman, Raymond Hoser, author of hundreds of definitive books, papers and the like on venomous reptiles has been teaching “safe” venomous snake handling for mine workers, university students and others for more than 30 years in Australia, Europe, the USA and Africa … no one knows reptile better. he is Australia’s leading snake expert.
- Snakebusters snake handling courses are the only courses within Australia that have and teach people to catch and handle the world’s five most dangerous snakes, enabling graduates to handle any species in the world with confidence and safety.
- Most courses can be completed in a single day and at any location!
- Snakebusters conducts snake catching courses in all parts of Australia and other countries at the most competitive rates.
- Snakebusters deadly snake handling courses are fully accredited and recognised within Australia by the appropriate licencing authorities
- Snakebusters are the ONLY company in the Snake handling industry in having more than 30 years in the reptile business and with a perfect safety record with deadly snakes.
- Warning: There are a number of ostensibly “Nationally accredited” courses being offered by novices, advertised via “SEO optimised websites”, issuing completion certificates, that are NOT recognised within the reptile industry and relevant employers, or outside Australia due to the failure of the teachers to meet the minimum recognised standards within the reptile industry and government regulators. By way of example one novice claims on his website to be “Australia’s only RTO accredited snakehandling course”. The RTO authority is not the government accreditation authority for reptile courses and to become an RTO merely requires the filling of a few forms and paying $2,000 for the “right’ to claim RTA accreditation. The ploy is by the novice to claim superiority over companies and teachers with genuinely recognised and verifiable experience, who are in fact licenced by the appropriate authorities, in Australia being the State Wildlife authorities. The same applies to other novices who have paid fees to be able to claim they are WIRES or ARC accredited courses. Again such “accrediation” is meaningless and gives the certificates issued by those providers no higher currency. As a rule these “RTO accredited”, “WIRES accredited” and “ARC accredited” novice teachers also use and teach dangerous and illegal handling methods such as “snake tongs“, leading to a notoriously high incidence of fatal and near-fatal snake bites among their graduates. We advise people against taking risks with people with no verifiable expertise under the internationally recognised 20 year benchmarks.
- Beware of false claims by inexperienced operators and demand proof and hard evidence of verifiable expertise by the teacher (to at least 20 years to meet basic minimal requirements).
See warning on the snakebusters website.
- Don’t put your staff or yourself at undue risk … demand on Snakebusters and their verifiable over 3 decades of world-leading expertise.
- Insist on Snakebusters if you need to learn how to handle venomous snakes, snake control, safety and the like using methods that won’t kill either the snake or yourself!
- Snakebusters also do kids reptile parties in Victoria, snake shows Melbourne and other kinds of reptile displays in Victoria.
Hopefully this will help people thinking about learning how to catch snakes.